Jungle Safari - Half Day and Full Day Safari
Half Day and Full Day Safari
Recently the management of Ranthambore National Park has changed rules and regulation and now allow longer timed safari to a selected few numbers of vehicles that permits visitors to stay on safari. These are known as “Half Day” (for six hours) and “Full Day” (for twelve hours) safaris. Both safaris offer far more flexibility to visitors.
Half day Safari at Ranthambore
Visitors would now have an option to spend more time in National Park than regular 3.30 hours by booking half day safari. It gives the opportunity to zone free access across entire park. Half day permits are issued in two options: 1) from sunrise till 12 p.m. OR 2) from 12 p.m. to sunset for maximum of 6 hours.
*Visitors receive packed breakfast/lunch for their safari
Full Day Safari at Ranthambore
Visitors would now have the option to spend full day in the National Park. Maximum 5 jeeps are permitted to stay inside the park from sunrise to sunset and are provided zone free access across entire park. This safari gives you the best opportunity to see the variety of wildlife animals in the park.
*Visitors receive packed breakfast and lunch and will have a place and time to eat it within the park
Advantages of Full day / half day
More time– More time in the park simply means more time to track tigers and other wildlife. For full days visitor’s entry is permitted 15 minutes before the normal entry time and also an extra 15 minutes window is available post normal safari timings. We all know the importance of these extra minutes -when we spotted a tiger before everyone arrived, no need to leave an interesting subject just because time is getting over for normal safari. These extra minutes or hours become important in view of the fact that lot of times animal movement happens early morning and late evening.
Better sighting opportunities- With additional time & zone free access one definitely has more sighting opportunity as compared to regular safari. For all you know your jeep could be the only jeep at that spot.
No route restrictions-In a normal safari one has to travel on a preassigned route. At times when you are sure about a potential sighting on a given route you might not be able to secure the route, frustrating at times for sure. You can go to any zone you choose and can even go from one zone to another as many times as you want. This gives you absolute freedom for spotting wildlife.
Hassle free- In a normal safari each time you get a different guide and driver for each time and it is sometimes difficult have similar safari experience on all safaris. In case of full day safari, you have the same driver and naturalist accompanying you on all safaris. This definitely is a huge advantage- since they know your preferences, have knowledge of your equipment and photos made so far which helps in planning safaris and sightings.
• All permits are issued by the National Park of Ranthambore, they have the right to accept or reject application for full day/half day safari
• Limited number of full day/half day permits (5 per day) are issued for each day, one has to apply well in advance to ensure the entry
• The park management randomly appoints vehicle, driver, and naturalist for the safari. Visitors can choose either of them for an additional cost. To be informed about the additional cost and the availability of vehicles, driver and naturalist please send us email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
The above advantages that these special safaris offer make these special safaris far more flexible and productive. Visitors get to spend much more time in the wildlife while they are not constrained by a fixed zone and they can choose the best driver, naturalist and vehicle. In real terms this makes a huge difference to the quality of the safari especially for photographers and for visitors with special and specific interests.
To get these full day and half day Safari rates, please drop us email to: email@example.com
When you arrange it through Hotel Ranthambore Regency and your payment is confirmed, your seat is reserved and secured. At the Ranthambore Regency we will make sure you are accompanied by one of our preferred, experienced, English speaking guides with whom we have been working for years. These guides are enthusiastic and will do their very best in spotting the wildlife.
Additional Information on rules and regulations of Government of Rajasthan:
• The Government of Rajasthan reserves the right of admission to the National Park
• The park may be closed without prior notice to visitors
• Once the booking is confirmed, no refund/cancellation is permissible
• Bookings are non-transferable
• Seats reserved cannot be exchanged with or resold to other visitors
• Providing ID proof is essential to enter the Park
• Subsequent changes in entrance fees or government taxes will be extra and will have to be borne by the Guest or Travel Agent
• There is no charge for still cameras
• PCam, DCAm and VCam charges are to be paid as per current rules laid down by Tourism/Forest Department policies – please always get info on updated government law
• Any changes in policies by the Ranthambhore Park authorities will be intimated to visitors and will be applicable for all future bookings